Worship & Programs
Given the moderate size of our congregation, our church life is filled with programs and activities that provide many opportunities for meaningful involvement in the life of the congregation and the community We are also very receptive to suggestions for as many as your imagination can create.
Below is a short summary of many of our activities and programs. For additional information, please see the individual pages.
- We launched a new way of being in September 2008. It is called BRIDGES and it integrates children and Adult RE and Worship services every Sunday. Detailed information can be found on the Worship and BRIDGES pages.
- We have a Men's Group that meets monthly to eat and share opinions on whats happening in their lives and the world. The Men's Group also undertakes many projects during the year to help maintain church property.
- There is also a Women's Group that meets monthly at typically on a Saturday morning.
- Every Wednesday at Noon, the Parlor is open for meditation.
- For newcomers, a potluck "Circle Supper" is held at the homes of members each month for informal socializing and fellowship.
- We participate in community life with a social action outreach programs that include:
- The Great Community Airplane Contest to raise funds for the local food pantry;
- The Annual Empty Bowls fundraiser, also for the food pantry, that we do in conjuction with other churches in Marietta.
- We link up with other groups in town and at Marietta College to sponsor programs related to social justice action and education.
- Our "Green Sanctuary" program is dedicated to the care of our environment within our church and for the community and the world.